Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC1758 IAP Flash Programming Failure

gianlucafurno
Contributor I

Hi,

I describe my problem

In my application, LPC1758 based, i have my own boot/loader that allow, using IAP, the programming of some areas of the internal memory (One area is code, one area is data)

While the boot/loader always resides in the bottom area (0x000000) the two externally programmable areas are located  respectively at 0x50000 - 0x5FFFF and 0x78000 - 0x78FFF

I dont have any problem programming the first area (0x50000) but i have failures when programming the second one. The same results was obtained at least on two differents unit.

The failure is often located in single byte in the location range  (0x78000 - 0x78FFF). The corrupted byte may have less "ones" or "less" zeroes. Actually, before programming this area i check if the flash content is effectively all 0xFF. 

For the moment i solved the problem inserting a Do-Retry session. If the programmed block fails i erase and program again

I would like to investigate on this issue

Anyone faced with this problem?

Gianluca Furno

MicroSHADOW Research

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gianluca,

Could you please try using the LCPOpen periph_flashiap example on the units presenting the issue to see the problem is also present? This example will erase and program the last sector with some data. After the program is complete, the signature for the programmed area is generated. you can download the LPCOpen pakage from this link:

LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP 

Let me know the results!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos