LPC11e68 Serial ISP programming using UART port and FLASH MAGIC. Kindly guide us to develop UART based ISP.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11e68 Serial ISP programming using UART port and FLASH MAGIC. Kindly guide us to develop UART based ISP.

yashdave
Contributor I

Hi,

We want to develop a product where we want to develop serial based ISP. We want to use flash magic tool.

Kindly suggest reference design to Interface UART port with LPC11e68 Controller for ISP programming.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yash dave,

Thank you for your interest in NXP LPC product, I would like to provide service for you.

LPC11E68 already have the on board UART ISP, so you just need to leave the according pin is OK, then you can use the flash magic tool to download your own application code.

About the board, you can refer to the LPCXpresso LPC11U68:

LPCXpresso Board for LPC11U68|NXP 

Now, let me tell you the detail pins, how to enter uart ISP mode and how to use the flash magic tool.

1. UART ISP pins

1) reset pin

2) PIO0_1

2) PIO0_3

3) PIO0_18 and PIO0_19 for RXD and TXD

2. how to enter uart ISP mode

Flow the following table, configure PIO0_1 and PIO0_3,then press reset button, the chip will enter the UART ISP mode, now you can use flash magic tool to download the code.

pastedImage_3.png

3. how to use the flash magic tool

At first, you need to prepare a app.hex file and install the flash magic tool.

flash magic tool can be downloaded from this link:

http://www.flashmagictool.com/ 

pastedImage_4.png

COM port is your PIO0_18 and PIO0_19 COM port, hex is your application code hex file, after enter ISP mode, press start and wait downloading finish.

I just use LPC11U68 as an example, LPC11E68 is the same.

Wish it helps you.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos