Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11c24: Update over CAN.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hetii on Mon Jun 23 07:45:54 MST 2014
Hi :)

As I read from data-sheet of lpc11c24, there is possibility to update his firmware over CAN bus.

where can I see some example code about that and how this functionality is related to CRP protection?

Best regards.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by 1234567890 on Wed Jul 16 13:27:34 MST 2014

Quote: hetii

At the end of the day I will have hundred of them (without physical access) and really need possibility to update them over CAN.

Well, in this case (no physical access) you better want to go on to 26.7 (IAP) in the UM.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Wed Jul 16 12:56:33 MST 2014

In data-sheet I read: The C_CAN API includes the following functions: Flash ISP programming via C_CAN supported, but there is no any additional information about how to do it.

:quest:

UM is describing CAN_ISP:

Quote:

26.6.1 C_CAN ISP SDO communication

26.6.2 C_CAN ISP object directory

Just start there...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hetii on Wed Jul 16 10:05:39 MST 2014
Hi.

Well I have few lpcxpresso board with lpc11c24 so I plan use them for beginning.

I have already working communication over CAN with few of my nodes.

At the end of the day I will have hundred of them (without physical access) and really need possibility to update them over CAN.

In data-sheet I read: The C_CAN API includes the following functions: Flash ISP programming via C_CAN supported, but there is no any additional information about how to do it.

Maybe some engineer from lpcware can provide some information about the way?

Regards.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by LabRat on Wed Jul 16 04:16:42 MST 2014

Still wait for any tips about updating over CAN....

OK, you've asked  :O

As I read from data-sheet of lpc11c24, there is possibility to update his firmware over CAN bus.

Yes, it's possible.

where can I see some example code...

There's no Open Source Example.

...any tips...

Tip: Flash-Magic is using a PEAK adapter:  http://www.peak-system.com/PCAN-USB.199.0.html?&L=1

Tip: Using CAN-Bootloader isn't too difficult if you are familiar with CAN ('Segmented Transfer'). So using a LPC11C14 or better a LPC15xx as CAN-Programmer is possible. But that's an awful lot of work so it would strongly recommend to buy a 'cheap' PEAK and use Flash-Magic  ;-)

But anyway, if you want to learn how CAN is working and spent several hundred hours in building your own programmer I would suggest to use a LPC1549. It's USB can read a new image and store it in internal Flash (256k). So it can be used as 'Standard' programmer (with PC) and also as  (3V battery powered) standalone version...  

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by hetii on Wed Jul 16 02:55:26 MST 2014
Hey again.

Still wait for any tips about updating over CAN....
0 Kudos