cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC11U68 Synchronous Mode USART0

zeph
Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm having a weird problem with using the synchronous mode on the USART0 peripheral. 

I need to receive a bit stream sampled on the rising edge of a clock with no end or start bits, but attempting to set both of these parameters sets the sampling bit to falling. I can do rising with end and start or falling and no end and start but not both rising and no end and start. I can't even change it using the memory inspector in LPCXpresso.

For clarity, the syncctrl register  goes to 0x25 when I try to set it to 0x21.
This is the exact configuration I'm using

Chip_UART0_Init(LPC_USART0);
Chip_Clock_EnablePeriphClock(SYSCTL_CLOCK_UART0);
LPC_USART0->SYNCCTRL|=UART0_SYNCCTRL_SYNC|UART0_SYNCCTRL_STARTSTOPDISABLE; // Enable sync mode
Chip_UART0_SetupFIFOS(LPC_USART0,UART0_FCR_FIFO_EN); //Enable Input FIFO

Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, 0, 17,(IOCON_FUNC3 | IOCON_MODE_INACT));
Chip_IOCON_PinMuxSet(LPC_IOCON, 0, 18,(IOCON_FUNC1 | IOCON_MODE_INACT));

How do I get around this issue, or is this some weird limitation of the chip?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Dezheng_Tang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

UM mentioned:

Data changes on TxD from falling edges on SCLK. When SSDIS is 0, the FES bit controls

whether the USART0 samples serial data on RxD on rising edges or falling edges on

SCLK. When SSDIS is 1, the USART0 ignores FES and always samples RxD on falling

edges on SCLK.

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Hi
Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
the opportunity to serve you.
To provide the fastest possible support, I'd highly recommend you to refer to the demos in the attachment.
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos

zeph
Contributor I

This doesn't fix my problem. The code you sent has the same problem.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

According to the policy, can you let us know your company and the project you're working on now?

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Nicholas Hunn

Thanks for your reply.

I've also replicated the issue, and I will contact with AE team for checking.

11.jpg

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos