LPC roadmap (availability, longevity, etc)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC roadmap (availability, longevity, etc)

Uzi
Contributor II

Can someone refer me to the roadmap of this family?

Before selecting this family for a new project, I want to verify that I'm not using old device that will be soon EOL and also to verify if there is SW compatibility to the Kinetis K22 used right now.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Uzi
Contributor II

Hi Jun Zhang,

what is your recommendation about Kinetis series and LPC? is it recommended to keep with K2* or K6*?  or move to LPC?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LPC and Kinetis are two NXP MCU product lines.

Nearly all the released MCU parts are enrolled in longevity program, as I showed you in my first reply.

For K22, it was released in Apr 2014, 15 years longevity. After 15years, whether or not  EOL is  on market demand at that time. 

This is the same for LPCs.

The longevity time is not related with acquisition but product itself.

Thus we know K22 has 7 years left in longevity program, if you think it is not enough, you can choose LPC55 or LPC546 family. They are newer product.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Just a comment from my side :

> I want to verify that I'm not using old device that will be soon EOL and also to verify if there is SW compatibility to the Kinetis K22 used right now.

I hope you are aware that the Kinetis series, including the K22, are "inherited" trough the acquisition of Motorola, and don't share any more common features with the LPC MCUs than Cortex M devices of other vendors.

I don't think this will change in the future. I am not affiliated with NXP, and have no internal knowledge, though.

But as a general rule, vendors don't usually share and discuss provisional plans and roadmaps on forea like this.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

You can check our product longevity program here:

https://www.nxp.com/products/product-information/product-programs/product-longevity:PRDCT_LONGEVITY_...

Thanks,

Jun Zhang