LPC Newcomer: Do all packages have 5VT pins?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Newcomer: Do all packages have 5VT pins?

jportici
Contributor I

Good day to you all,

I am to design a data logger for product testing (Basically Voltage/Current measurement of the target device power input, UART to receive data from the target device and usb to dump the saved data to a computer for analysis)

I was thinking to use an ARM MCU  for this project and between others i am considering using a NXP LPC11U68JBDxx

I wish to keep the board dimension as small as possible, i would like to use the 48 pin LQFP package variant of the MCU

but looking through the datasheet I see that there are not many 5VT pins, and the indication is only put in the lqfp100 coloums.

does this mean that all 5VT pins are only in the LQFP100? seem strange to me but better double check

The need of 5VT pins comes because all the target boards are 5V powered. In theory only the UART pins will have to interface with the target board and I guess i could use a level translator but, again, tigh space, if i can get away with two pullups, that's better

(On a side note, why not shade the 5VT pins on the PINNING in the datasheet, like all the rest of the world do?)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jportici
Contributor I

Thank you for answering, I'll try to rephrase:

In the datasheet the reference for the pin to be a Five volt tolerant pin is only explicitely marked in the LQFP100 coloumn.

I am used for this to be written in a more obvious way, like being in the comment section for the pin.. or by having the pin shaded in the package diagram (as it is in any ST or Microchip datasheet)

So i was wondering, are the five volt tolerant pin present only on the LQFP100 variant of the MCU? Wouldn't make much sense, but being the first time with NXP i'm ready to expect anything.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacopo,

Thanks for your reply.

The LQFP48,LQFP64 both support the 5V tolerant feature, just likes the LQFP100.
And thanks for your suggestion, I also think it should adopt some ways to make the datasheet  to be written in a more obvious way and I will transfer the suggestion to the Doc team later.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jacopo,

After had a look through the statement above, I'm still confused with the 5VT pins, and can you clarify in details?I'd also like to suggest to add voltage converter between the different boards, as the different voltage level.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos