cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC Libraries and resources - future

vojtechhavlicek
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to ask what is planned with libraries for LPC devices in future. There are new devices like LPC845, 802 etc. but there are no libraries for them (i don´t count Code Bundles). There is LPCOpen - Is it dead? Are there any plans for something like HAL libraries (STM), STM32CubeMx for generating initialization code for chips or someting like this? What are plans for IDE, libraries, generally development environment? It seems to me that NXP (LPC MCUs) is stucked in this.

Thanks for the reply

Labels (5)
1 Reply

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vojtech,

Thanks for your interest in LPC, and for asking this question!

MCUXpresso SDK for LPC8xx devices is coming ... we are planning to release this in Q2 this year. The SDK provides the HAL abstractions as provided in LPCOpen and STM equivalents. Along with it will come the same MCUXpresso configuration tool support that is in place for Kinetis and LPC54xxx family devices already.

Code Bundles are intended primarily for customers who are migrating from 8 or 16 bit designs, and/or prefer to work from a register level.

LPCOpen packages for devices released before 2016 will continue to be available, but are not being further developed.

Regards,

Brendon