LPC 43XX USB DMA Engine Bulk Transfer maximum size ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 43XX USB DMA Engine Bulk Transfer maximum size ?

k2
Contributor III

I have a LPC4357 design with USB0 as the USB host. I'd like to do 65K byte (128 block) BULK reads and writes to the SD cards i have attached. Seems i can get 63 bock size xfers (31K) thru fine - but nothing bigger. Ideally i'd like to get 64 (32K) or 128 (65K) Block read and write transfers to work. Is there a USB0 DMA engine limitation i'm missing ?

The USB0 xfers just don't complete when i tell t to do a 64 or bigger block size to the EHCI controller. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Kevin

From USB protocol, Bulk transfers are only supported by full and high speed devices. For full speed endpoints, the maximum bulk packet size is either 8, 16, 32 or 64 bytes long. For high speed endpoints, the maximum packet size can be up to 512 bytes long.The FS Max. bulk out packet size is 64 bytes.

Have a nice day,

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

k2
Contributor III

The DMA size for BULK endpoints seems to be 16K. Its based on the number of bits in the xfer reg. Would be nice if it supported 65K like some other arm chips.  

0 Kudos