cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC 183x-Xplorer ISP programing not working

gvk51
Contributor III

Hi Folks,

I have LPC183x-Xplorer development board, I am working to verify ISP firmware download over UART0 using P2_0 & P2_1 pins available on header J8.

I have put the board in ISP mode by pressing SW2 switch at reset, I see D3 (Blue LED glowing) indicating that it entered ISP mode.

I opened Tera-Term @ 9600 and entered character "?" from host, I did not receive any message from device :smileysad:

I also tried to program using Flash-Magic tool, after bringing board in ISP mode. I see the below error

Bit mode selection pins P2_9, P2_8, P1_2, and P1_1 = 0,0,0,1 with boot select switch J4

pastedImage_2.png

Please let me know If I have missed any thing in the procedure. Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vamshi krishna,

Please take care this point:

pastedImage_1.png

So, please put all the switch in J4 in the ON side.

Then, connect PC COM TX to board J10_26, PC COM RX to J10_16.

Enter ISP mode by pressing SW2 switch at reset.

Now, use the flash magic to search the board again, I can find the signature with the above steps.

pastedImage_2.png

Please modify the J4 connection, then try again.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gvk51
Contributor III

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the information, I was just biased by the below pin out description

pastedImage_1.jpg

I was using U0_TXD and U0_RXD hi-lighted in red which do not corresponds to P2_1 & P2_0 (realized and confirmed on your reply), after using right GPIOs that is GPIO5[0] & GPIO5[1] I am able to program using FlashMagic.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Vamshi krishna,

I don't have the picture which you post, I just refer to the schematic.

You can also refer to the schematic, it is more correct.

I have attached the according schematic for your reference.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos