cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a mistake in lpc11u14 USB CCID App Note

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by fatih.dcakmak on Tue May 07 12:32:30 MST 2013

Hello I'am working on an USB Smart Card Reader Project, According to that I have stared to work with LPC Expresso LPC11U14 Board, and application note AN11121. Everything was fine up to today. Now I'am trying to done shematics but I am realy confused.

This pin definations on software,    

/* Configuration for miscellaneous GPIO for Smart Card, assuming all GPIO on same port */

#define SC_GPIO                            LPC_GPIO

#define POWER_ENABLE                        (_BV(13)) /* P1.11 */

#define POWER_ENABLE_IOCON                  PIO1_13

#define CARD_DETECT                         (_BV(14)) /* P1.10 */

#define CARD_DETECT_IOCON                   PIO1_14

#define CARD_ACTIVITY                       (_BV(15)) /* P1.9 */

#define CARD_ACTIVITY_IOCON                 PIO1_15

#define CARD_RESET                          (_BV(16)) /* P1.12 */

#define CARD_RESET_IOCON                    PIO1_16

#define SC_PWM                              LPC_CT32B1

#define SC_CLK_IOCON                        TRST_PIO0_14

And You can see pin connection in attached PDf file on the picture.

Two of them is realy different, is somebody could help me about this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lazrotoo on Thu Nov 21 13:31:56 MST 2013
There is a quite a bit of code that may be misleading or hard to follow. The layout info in the app note is correct. AFAIK "CARD_ACTIVITY" isn't used.
The stuff from misc_gpio.c that you quoted is as in the code (hover your cursor over the parts to see the assignment); presumably the comments are leftovers from another project and don't match the code. Card detect on P1_14 appears to be inverted in my version so I just OR-ed it with 0x50 on line 47 to invert the sense. P0_19 is set as the i/o port in usart.c on line 235/6. 12.6.2.1 in the UM describes operation.

Hope this helps - though it looks as if this was a while ago.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lazrotoo on Thu Oct 24 18:14:46 MST 2013
Disregard my request - I have located. Now working on resolving your questions myself.
So far the AN says the clock should be on P0.17 but the config.h file shows this should be P0.14
Now to figure out what "Card Activity " and "Power Enable" mean!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lazrotoo on Wed Oct 23 12:39:38 MST 2013
Slightly away from your question, I wonder if you can tell me where you found the USBCCID.zip file?
For whatever reason the IDE I am using (v6.0.4) simply doesn't show it as an option.

Thanks
0 Kudos