cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interrupt triggering

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

Hi there,

I am trying to handle some ADC interrupts but i have a more general question. I will try to explain my use case and use it as an example for the bigger picture.

I am using an lpcxpresso 4367 mounted on a custom pcb.

I am using an analog PIR sensor so that i can catch different levels of motion and generate the appropriate interrupts as well.

So i used lpcopen periph adc example as a code base.

Inside adc example there is ADC0_IRQHandler function which is triggered every time a specific adc channel asserts some voltage.

I want to find out (but arm specifciation only says about level and edge sensitive interrupts) when an interrupt is triggered. When ADC0_IRQHandler in my example is called?

Can i change the sensitivity of the triggering of an interrupt?

Again, in my example when no motion is detected the pir sensor generates mV that i dont care about.

Can i somehow filter values that are too low and trigger interrupt under a given threshold?

How do in general nvic interrupt handlers work? Where is their threshold specified?

Thanks a lot in advance

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dimitris Sideris,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

I'd highly recommend you refer to Chapter 47: LPC43xx/LPC43Sxx 10-bit ADC0/1 in the UM10503 which has illustrates the ADC operations in details, I think it can clarify you queries.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dimitrissideris
Contributor III

I surely checked the file you mentioned. It is the first thing I check. I didn't find anything that clears up my questions.

Can you please refer to it more specifically?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dimitris Sideris,,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Can I change the sensitivity of the triggering of an interrupt?

Now, the ADC can support to select the trigger source (See Fig 1).

pastedImage_1.png

Fig 1

2. Can I somehow filter values that are too low and trigger interrupt under a given threshold?

The ADC doesn't support the feature.

3. How do in general nvic interrupt handlers work? Where is their threshold specified?

About the NVIC, please refer to the Chapter 9 for details in the reference manual: UM10503.

Hope this is clear.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos