IAP_ReinvokeISP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAP_ReinvokeISP

jholiday75
Contributor I

I am invoking iap_entry to force it into ISP mode using UART 0, regardless of the ISP0/1/2 pin state.  I use ISP_ReinvokeISP provided in fsl_iap.h with these arguments:

uint32_t status = 0;

IAP_Reinvoke(1, &status);  // Argument 1 as 1 forces booting into ISP UART mode according to documentation

However, this always fails with status = ERR_ISP_REINVOKE_ISP_CONFIG

This is on a LPC51U68 using the LPCXpresso demo board.  I do have UART clocks enabled at this time.

Does this processor support iap_entry to boot into ISP mode?  Or are there other conditions I need in place before calling ISP_ReinvokeISP?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe Holiday ,

I have  checked your code, please change your IAP_ReinvokeISP function as below:

void IAP_ReinvokeISP(uint8_t ispType, uint32_t *status)
{
    uint32_t command[5], result[5];
    uint8_t ispParameterArray[8];

command[0] = kIapCmd_FLASHIAP_ReinvokeISP;
    /*
    memset(ispParameterArray, 0, sizeof(uint8_t) * 8);
   ispParameterArray[1] = ispType;
    ispParameterArray[7] = ispParameterArray[0] ^ ispParameterArray[1] ^ ispParameterArray[2] ^ ispParameterArray[3] ^
                           ispParameterArray[4] ^ ispParameterArray[5] ^ ispParameterArray[6];
   */
    command[1] =ispType;
    iap_entry(command, result);
    *status = translate_iap_status(result[0]);
}

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

seowwoo_quek
Contributor I

Hi ,

I am using the same IAP_ReinvokeISP but I want to use the USB = 2. but it cannot recognize the usb device. I was using the lpcxpresso51u68_iap_flash example.

I just added

PRINTF("\r\nIAP_ReinvokeISP\r\n");

IAP_ReinvokeISP(2, &status);

if (status != kStatus_IAP_Success)

{

PRINTF("\r\nReinvoke ISP failed\r\n");

}

I would like to use the drag and drop method just like when I press the  ISP0 button on the LPCXpresso board but using the IAP_ReinvokeISP with param = 2

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Joe Holiday,

From the user manual of lpc51u68, it support "Reinvoke ISP " command,

could you please send your project to me , then I can reproduce the problem on my side,

and check it .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos