cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Example for lpc1769

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexander Gospodinov on Thu Mar 27 06:57:08 MST 2014
I have a question relating to the lpc1769 board. I want to read in some datas from a device over the lpc1769 board using I2C. Therefor i want to use the example for I2C described in lpcopen. I have connect everything and run the example, but i don't get a main menu (as described in the readme.txt), in which i can select the options for read/write or selecting a device.
I am a real beginner, so i would appreciate some advices.

best regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexander Gospodinov on Tue Apr 01 06:49:28 MST 2014
I have removed the jumpers J54 from the base board, after that the errors disappear. So i debug the periph_i2c and start tera term. Everything is fine, but i don't get the demo menu I2C. I don't know whats the reason, should i set some jumpers on the base board or is it a software problem?

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexander Gospodinov on Tue Apr 01 01:40:36 MST 2014
Hi,

yes i am using the LPC-Link degugger which is integrated with the LPC1769 Xpresso board. Actually i don't see the I2C Demo Menu. And the errors occur when i am connecting the com port of the base board to tera term. Find attached the screenshot of the error.

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Mon Mar 31 10:09:00 MST 2014
Hi Alexander,
So now you are able to communicate with the terminal program. Do you see I2C Demo Menu? Can you tell us when do you get errors? A screen shot will be helpful. Are you using LPC-Link debugger which is integrated with the LPC1769 Xpresso board?

The reason I am asking your input is that I ran this example without problem. I am using following setup.

LPCXpresso 7.0.2
Integrated LPC-Link
Teraterm as terminal program
LPCXpresso LPC1768 RevA board
LPCXpresso baseBoard RevB

I also replaced LPCXpresso LPC1768 RevA board with LPCXpresso LPC1769 RevB board without any problem.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexander Gospodinov on Mon Mar 31 04:58:53 MST 2014
Thank you for your response. I have also the lpcxpresso base board and i have connect the 1769 board to the base board. I have connected the base board over X3 with the host and furthermore the 1769 with the host over J3 to run the debug. I have also started tera term and configure the port. After debugging the program, i use the resume button in lpcexpresso IDE to run and after that, this two errors occured:
10: Could not start execution from stop
System rejected access at location 0xE000EDF0 verily Population of memory and peripherals
15: target error from register access
Cannot complete transaction even after slowing speed

Is there any other setting i should consider?

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by sundarapandian on Fri Mar 28 15:24:00 MST 2014
The code is designed to be used with LPCXpresso LPC1769 board which is connected to the LPCXpresso base board. Connect the board to the host using USB cable [use USB mini-B connector X3, not X1]. This will get you a COM port [FTDI] open a terminal program like "tera term" and connect to this COM port using 115200-8n1 as the setting. If you have already programmed the board with the image press reset to bring the main menu on the terminal program.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexander Gospodinov on Thu Mar 27 12:59:08 MST 2014
Hi,
thank you for your answer. I use the lpcxpresso. I have downloaded the zip file lpcopen_2_10_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_1769. Then i import this project and debug periph_i2c and it runs perfect, but i don't get a main menu and i don't know how to access my device to read in the data.
I hope i have explain it understandable.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by mc on Thu Mar 27 07:10:36 MST 2014
Hi Alexander,
Which IDE(tool chain) are you using? We have LPCopen with below IDEs
                1) LPCXpresso
                2) Keil
                3) IAR

If you are using LPCxpresso you can import project/s.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Alexander Gospodinov on Thu Mar 27 06:57:41 MST 2014

Quote: Alexander Gospodinov
I have a question relating to the lpc1769 board. I want to read in some datas from a device over the lpc1769 board using I2C. Therefor i want to use the example for I2C described in lpcopen. I have connect everything and run the example, but i don't get a main menu (as described in the readme.txt), in which i can select the options for read/write or selecting a device.
I am a real beginner, so i would appreciate some advices.

best regards

0 Kudos