cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use other usb ports

ad436
Contributor I

Dear NXP,

I have LPCXpresso55S69 EVK board. I would like to use other USB ports for UART or USART communication. (except P6 - Debug probe) Is there an example file or something please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ammar Dodiya.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

Do you want a demo about  usb cdc vcom? 

Or want use another UART? 

If you just want change to other usb port , for example use P9, that connect to UART of MCU, 

this is impossible, because the hardware of this board doesn't connect .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

ad436
Contributor I

Thank you so much for the response.

I would like to use P6 as UART connection and another USART connection using any of other USB port(P5, P9 or P10)

But it seems like not possible. As you have said, because the hardware of this board doesn't connect .

Then I would like to ask a demo or example for  USB CDC VCOM if possible. So, later on I can use these ports for serial communication. My goal is Send/receive data from one port to another by serial communication.

Thanks and best regards,

Ammar Dodiya.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

1) "I would like to use P6 as UART connection and another USART connection using any of other USB port(P5, P9 or P10)".

Yes, use other USB port is impossible, while there is still other UART we can use through jumper you can directly use, about detail please check schematic of LPCxpresso55s69.

2) About  example for  USB CDC VCOM, download SDK, you can find it.

Download from below link, choose LPCxpresso55s69.

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select  

Alice_Yang_0-1623731337487.png

BR

Alice

0 Kudos