How to use OM13058 board as LPC-Link-2 ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use OM13058 board as LPC-Link-2 ?

Jump to solution
vincentvuarnoz
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a OM13058 board and would like to use it to debug an external target ?

What is the procedure ?

Thank you !

Vincent V.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vincent,

1. First step is to select the off-board target (the LPC11U68 is the on-board target, but you are wanting to debug the target MCU on your board). So for your case you need to put a jumper on JP1.

2. Next step is to determine how to power the buffers that sit between the debug probe on the LPCXpresso board (the LPC43xx device) and your target board. When using the LPCXpresso board to debug an external target, you have two choices:

• Use the LPCXpresso board to power the buffers and your target board, providing that power through the SWD connector. You can do this if your target draws less than 100mA. To do this, insert a jumper at position 2-3 of JP2.
  • Use power on your target board to power the buffers; to do this, leave JP2 open.

We will work towards improving the documentation on board set up - thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Brendon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Target to debug location (JP1) On-board Target - open (default) Off-board Target - short

Buffer Pwr Select (JP2) On-board Target 1 - 2 (default) Off-board Target 2 - 3

Schematics for LPCXpresso dev boards can be found from here:

LPCXpresso Boards|NXP

Yours,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos
vincentvuarnoz
Contributor I

Thank you so much for your prompt reply!

I'm sorry but I did not understand your explanations. Would you be kind enough to give a bit more details?

On the link you mentioned, I could only find the datasheet for the targeted chip (LPC11U68) but not of the board itself... In fact I could not find any information anywhere on the internet (except for that very simplistic block-diagram).

Kind Regards

Vincent V.

0 Kudos
brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Vincent,

1. First step is to select the off-board target (the LPC11U68 is the on-board target, but you are wanting to debug the target MCU on your board). So for your case you need to put a jumper on JP1.

2. Next step is to determine how to power the buffers that sit between the debug probe on the LPCXpresso board (the LPC43xx device) and your target board. When using the LPCXpresso board to debug an external target, you have two choices:

• Use the LPCXpresso board to power the buffers and your target board, providing that power through the SWD connector. You can do this if your target draws less than 100mA. To do this, insert a jumper at position 2-3 of JP2.
  • Use power on your target board to power the buffers; to do this, leave JP2 open.

We will work towards improving the documentation on board set up - thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos