How to regain debug access if SWDIO and SWDCLK are both disabled via the switch matrix.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to regain debug access if SWDIO and SWDCLK are both disabled via the switch matrix.

donaldngai
Contributor I

While familiarising myself with the LPC812, I disabled all the fixed functions via the switch matrix. As a result, my LPC812 can't be connected to with LPCXpresso. I tried to enter into ISP mode using the instructions here: https://community.nxp.com/thread/389040 . But that does not seem to work. I hypothesize that it's partly because of both SWDIO and SWDCLK both being disabled. Is there anyway to reset the switch matrix to regain debug access? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The ISP reset over debug function will only help if your board has the appropriate signal wired between the chip and debug connector. Try booting into ISP mode yourself by pulling the ISP to ground as you power your board up, as detailed in Regaining debug access to target MCU 

[You'll need to do this for using Flash Magic, as well as for trying to regain debug access.]

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Could you please try using FlashMagic tool?

Flash Magic - Supported Devices 

I hope this helps.

Have a great day,
Soledad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos