How to figure out the boot failure for secure boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to figure out the boot failure for secure boot

cp1
Contributor III

I'm having some problems with setting up secure boot.  I've configured the CFPA and CMPA pages and programmed a signed image, but the chip becomes bricked afterwords.  Also the bootrom is no longer accessible.

I saw that there is a setting in the CMPA page for "Boot failure pin" that lets you pick GPIO pin that will toggle at some rate to indicate the boot error.  However, I cannot find any information that maps the toggle rate to an error.

Is this boot failure pin usable?  What are the error codes that the toggle rates map to?

Thanks!

Conor

Labels (1)
4 Replies

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Conor,

Hope you are doing well.

I apologize for the delayed response, I've been discussing this with our team as you mention it is not quite clear with the statement provided in the reference manual. However, the bootloader provides an active notification pin known as the nIRQ pin, it can be enabled by the SetProperty command.

pastedImage_1.png

Please refer to the blhost user guide on using the SetProperty Command.

Best Regards,

Sabina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

0 Kudos

cp1
Contributor III

Hi Sabina,

I understand this and believe I have this part working, but my problem is I haven't been able to find documentation that shows what the errors are.  So I can see error codes from the pin, but what would those error codes mean?

Thanks,

Conor

0 Kudos

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Conor, 

I've received an update from our team. 

The Boot Failure indication pin can be set in CMPA area,  see below table.

pastedImage_1.png

Once set the Boot failure pin in CMPA area, the pin will hold to low when boot-up successful, if ROM boot failed and chip locked then the Boot failure pin will be hold to high. (Not toggle!)

Best Regards,

Sabina

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Conor, 

Thank you for clarifying, I will check with our team regarding the error codes you are seeing. 

Are you seeing these through an oscilloscope? If so, could you please share waveform so that I may share it with the team.

Best Regards,

Sabina