cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change memory mapping on LPC11C14

kalpeshbalar
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using my custome board based on LCP11C14.

I used LCP expresso and LPC open libraries.

In my application I have large data to display on GLCD.

Due to that I am getting below error.

How can I change memory mapping so that I can utilize MFlash32 to store initialize data?

From below logs 8KB is allocated for RamLoC8 and 32KB is for MFlash.

Can I increase size of RamLOC8? How?

Building target: lcd_test.axf

Invoking: MCU Linker

arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"C:\nxp\workspace\ws_lpc11C14\nxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_board_lib\Debug" -L"C:\nxp\workspace\ws_lpc11C14\lpc_chip_11cxx_lib\Debug" -Xlinker -Map="lcd_test.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -print-memory-usage -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -T "lcd_test_Debug.ld" -o "lcd_test.axf"  ./src/cr_startup_lpc11xx.o ./src/crp.o ./src/lcd_test.o ./src/sysinit.o  ./liblcd/src/lcd.o   -lnxp_lpcxpresso_11c24_board_lib -llpc_chip_11cxx_lib

Memory region         Used Size  Region Size  %age Used

MFlash32:       19180 B        32 KB     58.53%

c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_8.1.4_606/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: lcd_test.axf section `.bss' will not fit in region `RamLoc8'

RamLoc8:        8532 B         8 KB    104.15%

c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_8.1.4_606/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.2.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: region `RamLoc8' overflowed by 340 bytes

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [lcd_test.axf] Error 1

Thanks,

KBalar

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can't really increase the size of the RamLoc8 memory region, as this mirrors the size of the RAM at the corresponding address on the actual MCU itself! To start with, I suggest that you take a look at this FAQ:

Application Flash / RAM size

It sounds like you might be wanting to use the "const" qualifier in your C sources to force your graphics data to be placed in flash though.

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos