Hi, I am using LPC link2 debug board fro flashing NHS3100 using Flash magic. It was working fine till now, but suddenly my LPC device is not getting detected when flash magic is open. Before opening Flash magic, LED1 on lpc link2 board is ON continuou

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using LPC link2 debug board fro flashing NHS3100 using Flash magic. It was working fine till now, but suddenly my LPC device is not getting detected when flash magic is open. Before opening Flash magic, LED1 on lpc link2 board is ON continuou

rohan_nathi
Contributor I

Hi,
I am using LPC link2 debug board fro flashing NHS3100 using Flash magic.
It was working fine till now, but suddenly my LPC device is not getting detected when flash magic is open.
Before opening Flash magic, LED1 on lpc link2 board is ON continuously and lpc device is detected in device manager.
But after opening Flash magic system can not detect LPC device and LED1 is blinking continuously.

Anyone can help in finding what is basically the problem with my LPC-link 2 and how I can fix it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

stevewald
Contributor III

Rohan,

Flash Magic for programming the NHS3100 and LPC-Link2/CMSIS for program debug have a tendency to retain possession of the PC connection and not let it go for each other. I found that I had to take one completely down, kill its program, and remove its connection before I could bring the other up the other. It helps to open up a printers and devices menu on the PC and watch for the device connection to appear/disappear before continuing. I have noticed that LPCXpresso V8.2.2_650 and Flash Magic V11.20 are somewhat better. At least you don't have to kill the program(s) now, but you do have to wait for the LPC icon to disappear from 'devices and printers' before plugging USB back in to connect again for the opposite program. Good luck!

One could wish that NXP would integrate Flash Magic or include some of its useful features with their debug/CMSIS programmer, like reading or erasing sections of Flash, verifying checksums, etc. But I guess MCUX has taken over, leaving LPCX without development resources.

Steve

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Please double check that the JP2 jumper (LPC Link-2) is on.

Have a look at <SDK>docs/AN_NHS31xx_Flashing.pdf > 2.2 Flash Magic, especially the note at page 12.
When developing, also have a look at <SDK>/docs/firmware.html > SW Debug Considerations

1. Check that no jumper is placed over JP1.
  2. Check that a jumper is placed over JP2.
  3. Plug in the JTAG cable in connector J7, and the SWD connector on the Demo PCB.
  4. Plug in the mini USB cable in both the LPC-Link2 board and the PC.
  5. After programming has finished, press the RESET button on the Demo PCB.

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos