cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With SD Card over SD interface

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Aditya Mittal on Mon Mar 30 06:05:19 MST 2015
Hello,
  I am using demo kit for LPC1788 controller developed by Embedded Artists. I am trying to use the SD Card on the eval kit, over SD Interface (and not SPI). I have taken the help from sample files for MCI Interface downloaded form LPCware.

Attached are the files for reference (one is the application file and other is the low level driver file). I followed the steps/sequence to initialize the SD card as given the reference file, which is working fine.

The Problem is when I try to read from and write to SD card I again have to follow the same sequence of steps as for initialization, which I feel is incorrect. While I believe, I should only be required to send commands from CMD 3 onwards to enter in data transfer mode and subsequently to read and write.

My requirement is that I should be able to perform read/write operations any number of times and whenever required by my application.

Please help me to improve my understanding and possible reason and solution for my problem.

Thanks in advance.

-Aditya Mittal

Original Attachment has been moved to: Mci_ReadWrite.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: lpc177x_8x_mci.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by embd02161991 on Tue Mar 31 10:25:37 MST 2015
Hi Aditya,

Please try using LPCOpen  example  for EA board. There is a SDMMC example in the software package which can be your starting point.
You can find them here : http://www.lpcware.com/content/nxpfile/lpcopen-software-development-platform-lpc17xx-packages

Thanks,
NXP Technical Support
0 Kudos