cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello world printf LPC11U68

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cuong3006 on Tue Sep 23 06:02:41 MST 2014
Hi,
I'm new to NXP micro controller. What I'm trying to do is to print a string "Hello World" to debugger console.
I tried to make a C project (semihosting) by new project wizard and the printf function worked properly.
But when I tried to make the same with LPCOpen project, then it failed to print to console.
I followed the steps here http://www.support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/UsingPrintf
to link my project to C library contained semihosting and also go to Project Properties -> c/c++ builder -> tool setting -> MCU linker -> Manage linker script -> Redlib (semihosting) and set on for semihosting support in debugger setting of debug configuration.
I have no idea what do i miss to get printf to work in LPCOpen project.
Thank you,
Cuong Hoang.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cuong3006 on Wed Sep 24 00:59:59 MST 2014
Hi,
Thanks, I got it worked also with printf and DEBUGOUT().
By the way, I'm now working in NXP, can I directly contact for LPCXpresso Support via Lync somehow.
Cuong Hoang.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Sep 23 10:40:50 MST 2014
You need to change the configuration of your LPCOpen board library project. For details, please see:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcopen-debug-inputoutput-support

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by cuong3006 on Tue Sep 23 06:43:27 MST 2014
I hope this file will help.
Thanks,
Cuong Hoang.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Sep 23 06:36:02 MST 2014
I suggest you export and post your projects to this thread so we can take a look and advise you how to fix.
0 Kudos