Jump to solution
marks
Contributor IV

Hello, Today I downloaded the MCUXpresso Software Development Kit (SDK) :

SDK_2.5.1_LPCXpresso55S69.

Build Date: 2019-05-01, Board: LPCXpresso55S69

Components: ISSDK, USB stack, Amazon-FreeRTOS Kernel, multicore

SDK Version: 2.5.1 (2019-04-18)

I don't think my question has anything to do with the SDK itself but rather the standalone example projects that are available when you download the SDK. 

I am using IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM Version 8.22.1.15700

I downloaded several of the "Standalone Example Projects" and, when I do a build, every example project has this one error:

Error[446]: The selected cpu/core does not support this status register

The offending file is:

C:\Suppliers\NXP\LPC55S69_iar\led_blinky\led_blinky\startup\startup_LPC55S69_cm33_core0.s

and the error is flaged on line 147.

Screen shot attached. Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!

Mark

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marks
Contributor IV

Hello Con Verse,

I think you are correct. IAR added the LPC55S69 in version 8.32. Updating now...

Thanks!

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
converse
Senior Contributor V

Looks like you may need a later version of IAR. It’s hard to tell from the release notes when (or if ) IAR added support for this part (Cortex M33). Maybe you should check with them.

0 Kudos
marks
Contributor IV

Hello Con Verse,

I think you are correct. IAR added the LPC55S69 in version 8.32. Updating now...

Thanks!

Mark

0 Kudos
marks
Contributor IV

If you are reading this you are struggling like I was. I finally got it working. I do think it was necessary to update IAR to at least version 8.32 since that looks to be where the LPC55S69 support was added. Next I watched this video:

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/Get-Started-with-the-LPC55S69-EVK:GS-LPC55S69-EVK

and used PLCSrypt to configure the board for CMSIS-DAP. Then I selected the project in the workspace window and right clicked for Options>Debugger .... Setup tab choose Driver as "CMSIS DAP" and on the Download tab I checked Use flash loaders(s) and also clicked Override default .board file and selected the file $TOOLKIT_DIR$\config\flashloader\NXP\FlashLPC5500.board

You may get an error message about file "iar_all_modules_loaded" missing...I got that too.

Putting this $TOOLKIT_DIR$\config\flashloader\NXP\FlashLPC5500.board in the Override default .board file box seem to fix that one (as described above).

Earlier, I also updated the drivers from P&E but I don't think that had any effect, but I did it anyway. As I was trying to get ANY debug method working.

One other thing that might also be key in getting some of the example programs to run. Under General Options select the Core as Cortex-M33 (Was M3) and Device as NXP LPC55S69_core0. I think this was causing the first error I encountered when doing a build an getting: "The selected cpu/core does not support this status register" error.

Right or wrong? I don't know, but it seems to be working. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Best,

Mark

0 Kudos