cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFs in LPC1343 LPCXpresso

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by FernandoR on Wed Mar 12 06:15:46 MST 2014
Hey guys,

I'm a newbie in microcontroller's stuff, but lately I've been studing and developping for LPC1343 and now I have the need of storing data in a NOR Flash memory, so I did a research of how could I store this data, and what API's are available and I found the FatFs library, which proposes to abstract the hard part of the job, what seems perfect for my needs.

In the website http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html there's a example of how to use it in LPC1788 but It's too long and I wish there was a simple one, just showing how to create, open, read and write files.

I have no Ideia how would be the basic implementation of this API and what I need to do to make it work.
I know it looks a little leech from me,  to hope you give me a code sample, but I'm trying by myself since yesterday and I couldn't do anything til now.

So, a resume of my doubt is : "Whats the basic implementation of the API to make me able to create, read, write files? And what functions I must provide to the API works with my NOR Flash?"

I really do appreciate your help!!

Best Regards,
Fernando Augusto Rebêllo
Computer Science student - Univali
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by FernandoR on Thu Mar 13 07:58:14 MST 2014
Well, have to find another way then ...

anyway ..

Thank you for the help!!!

Best regards,
Fernando Augusto Rebêllo.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wmues on Thu Mar 13 03:17:11 MST 2014
You can not run a Fat File system on a NOR flash. Fat is missing wear leveling. And your NOR flash will have to be erased in 512 Byte blocks.

This will not work.

0 Kudos