cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example for entering sleep mode(or deep-sleep mode) and wake up sequence

Jump to solution
larry781111
Contributor I

I use LPC51U68 with OM40005 board, is there examples that I can follow?

LPC51U68 is used as Master and another device as slave communicate via SPI.

After some initiation steps, I want to let LPC51U68 enter sleep mode or deep-sleep mode then stand by a interrupt from external GPIO pin. (Is a specific GPIO pin need to be selected?)

When receive a interrupt, LPC51U68 needs to configure the status of other GPIO pin.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello YuChia Chien,

-Under MCUXpresso SDK , there is a demo " power_manager_lpc" shows the usage of normal power mode control APIs for entering the three kinds of low power mode: Sleep mode, Deep Sleep mode and Sleep Power Down mode.

The device can be also waken up by prepared wakeup source ( GPIO pin interrupt 0 )from external event .

You can download the SDK package from NXP website : https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select     

pastedImage_2.png

then can find this demo under : SDK_2.3.0_LPCXpresso51U68\boards\lpcxpresso51u68\demo_apps\power_manager_lpc .

- About "Is a specific GPIO pin need to be selected?"-> By configure the "Pin interrupt select register" to select

which pin to Pin interrupt. In this demo , use SW3(P0_24) .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
larry781111
Contributor I

Hi Alice,

I have already integrate power manage code to my origin code.

But I found that in Deep sleep mode, the return point is the beginning of main(). Moreover, the argument will be reset.

If it is possible to set the return point and maintain the value of argument?

If use Sleep mode, it will return from where entering sleep.

Regards,

Larry 

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello YuChia,

How about only run the SDK demo with sleep mode ? I test it on my side ,it can work well, after

wake up, it run from where entering deep sleep.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello YuChia Chien,

-Under MCUXpresso SDK , there is a demo " power_manager_lpc" shows the usage of normal power mode control APIs for entering the three kinds of low power mode: Sleep mode, Deep Sleep mode and Sleep Power Down mode.

The device can be also waken up by prepared wakeup source ( GPIO pin interrupt 0 )from external event .

You can download the SDK package from NXP website : https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select     

pastedImage_2.png

then can find this demo under : SDK_2.3.0_LPCXpresso51U68\boards\lpcxpresso51u68\demo_apps\power_manager_lpc .

- About "Is a specific GPIO pin need to be selected?"-> By configure the "Pin interrupt select register" to select

which pin to Pin interrupt. In this demo , use SW3(P0_24) .

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!