Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erasing LPC1833 internal EEPROM

Jump to solution
michaelershov
Contributor I

Hello,

I am using the LPC1833 and the internal EEPROM. I'm not understand,does EEPROM erase, when erasing Flash with programmer, or the only way to use erasing from my code? It's generally a part of Flash memory or not?

Best regards

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It really depends on the Flash programmer.  Fundamentally, Flash and EEPROM are separate peripherals with different programming interfaces. Actions performed to one will have no effect on the other.

LPCScrypt can be used to program and erase EEPROM and also supports an erase all command - this simply calls the erase function of all programmable devices known to LPCScrypt on a particular MCU.

Also LPCOpen provides example code to manage the programming of EEPROMs.

Yours,

LPCXpresso-support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
michaelershov
Contributor I

Ok, and if I store important information in EEPROM; Flash protected from reading. Anyone can erase only Flash and write new code for reading EEPROM?

Best regards

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It really depends on the Flash programmer.  Fundamentally, Flash and EEPROM are separate peripherals with different programming interfaces. Actions performed to one will have no effect on the other.

LPCScrypt can be used to program and erase EEPROM and also supports an erase all command - this simply calls the erase function of all programmable devices known to LPCScrypt on a particular MCU.

Also LPCOpen provides example code to manage the programming of EEPROMs.

Yours,

LPCXpresso-support

0 Kudos