cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling BOD in Startup Code

richardsoennich
Contributor I

Hi,

We are having a problem with a product that uses the LPC11u68.  The product experiences a very slow power on, a slowly ramping supply voltage that is noisy.

This condition caused many problems.  After some investigation we "solved" the issue by enabling the BOD and putting a large delay loop at the beginning of Main.

If we enabled the BOD in main, as the first action, we would still see units "go to the weeds" and hit the WDT.  Apparently the code was crashing before we got to main.  If we enable the BOD in the startup code we don't see the issue.

We would like to understand what is going on.  We hypothesize that the code is crashing by a power glitch/drop-out occurring during the PLL config (or other hardware config) with the BOD disabled.

I am posting this here in the hopes that someone else may have been through this and con provide their insight.

Thanks

Rich

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Richard Soennichsen,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
the opportunity to serve you.
Before answer these questions , I'd like to know whether the phenomenon exist in all prototypes and happen when debug the LPCOpen library demos. Lastly, whether you can replicate this phenomenon in LPCXpresso LPC11U68 board.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos