cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM Access and functionality in LPC4367

gauravmore
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using LPC4367 controller in one of our upcoming project and product.  As per the user manual UM10503 it is mentioned that there is 16Kb of EEPROM. I want to use it for my application. But i want to access it through M0App core of LPC4367. 

I check for the example codes but it is using M4 core.i want to used it through M0app. As per the data and the block diagram menioned below it is accessible to both the cores.

pastedImage_1.png

Also when I implement the code of EEPROM usig M4 core it is getting stuck in between while reading. This behaviour is random, menas it got stuck in any address when tried multiple time. This code is integrated with the application code and then checked. but when I tried it with example code ther it is working properly.

Also cosidering the following infor ther is a dobt that whether I can use it with M0App Core?

pastedImage_2.png

Here the base clock is M4 clk.

Please let me know the solution for the same

Thanks

Gaurav More

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Guarav,

You could take as reference the  EEPROM code example for the closely similar LPC4357

• Please , follow a similar path to find the example on your computer.

C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.2.0_4120\ide\Examples\LPCOpen\lpcopen_2_19_lpcxpresso_keil_mcb_4357.zip\periph_eeprom

Also, you can  follow this tutorial to know how to import LPCopen libraries into MCUxpresso IDE.

Using LPCOpen with MCUXpresso IDE | NXP 

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, gauravmore

I hope you are doing well. 

Please provide me additional time to help you with this

Best, regards, Diego. 

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi gauravmore

Sorry for the delay!

You are correct, the EEPROM is accesible through the M0 (application) core.  During the response time you may find the answer, but here you can check my reasoning.

• Cheking further on the LPC4367 User Manual, the M0 core also has clock dependecy from the M4 base clock. The same case with other peripehals.

base_clk.PNG

• The M0 core also has an interrupt vector for the EEPROM.

pastedImage_2.png

Regarding your issues with your application using M4 , could you find  the root of the problem ? If that is not the case could you provide more information?

Please, let me know how I can help you further.

Regards, Diego

0 Kudos

gauravmore
Contributor III

Hi Deigo,

Thanks for the reply. Also sorry for replying late.

As per your input mentioned above i have initiated the code and modified the codes accordingly. Now am trying to access it in M0Core (M0App). I refere the code in forum and made the modification. But still i request you to share the information reagrding the EEPROM librarry or the functional code. 

I tried from the below mentioned forum

LPC43xx and EEPROM 

but when i click of the LPCware link ,I am not able to connect it, it shows below screen

pastedImage_1.png

Also I need the code for MCUXpresso since i am using Ver10.3.1_2233 for my development.

Request you to please provide the code for reference. Men while i am trying at my side for the EEPRO functionaly. 

Thanks,

Gaurav More

0 Kudos