DMA in LPC11U6x

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA in LPC11U6x

pberna
Contributor I

I see that the user manual of the LPC11U68, Rev. 1.4 — 28 October 2015 at page 8 of 610 doesn't permit the connection of the HI speed GPIO (PIN port) as a source of a DMA data transfer because HS GPIO+ block is not gray shaded. However on page 15 of the same doc, the HS GPIO port is connected to the DMA, and usually, the high speed GPIO ports of the LPC17xx, LPC18xx etc.. can be connected to the DMA.

Do you confirm that the high speed GPIO ports of the LPC11U68 can't be connected to the DMA (as a source data port) ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

Grey-shaded blocks show peripherals that can provide hardware triggers for DMA transfers or have DMA request lines as the Fig 1 illustrates.

2016-08-03_10-20-50.jpg

Fig 1

DMA can be permitted to access to the HS GPIO definitely, and it is nothing related with the DMA requests or triggers.  Hope it helps.

Have a great day,

Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

pberna
Contributor I

Trigger and DMA request is a different thing. If I try to address a GPIO port (PIN register) in a source address of the DMA descriptor a DMA error occurs. If I change the address to point to a ADC DMA supported peripheral no DMA error occur.

0 Kudos