Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Touch Keyboard

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Mon Dec 14 08:43:59 MST 2015
I want to create a simple custom touch based keyboard with 0- 9(with key images) for my application, I would like know what is the best way to create keypad, use icon or any other suggestion?

Also is it recommended to use bmp over png? I was trying to create layout with GUIBuilder with BMP but it crashes when i add more images, but i'm able to get it build using png, but not able to get the emwin png working, tried with emWin_V5.26 and 5.18 got some compilation issue (missing IMAGE_Private.h),after adding  IMAGE_Private.h got it from internet, got it compiled but the display is blank

My project is based on 1850(flash less part), have NOR flash and Spifi as storage
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Noufal on Thu Jan 14 09:34:52 MST 2016
Looking for some help

1. In my application i want to have a keypad which will have a background image and on top of it individual
button and on press i need to invoke some function and change the key
color(another image with different color), What is the best way to create this application ? Is there any custom keypad example available which uses images as foreground for button and on click change the color of the button?

2. what is recommended image format( bmp or png or any other format ?) for this application

3. what is the correct way to create a keypad? Just use the button
and assign image to it or is there a way use images and trigger a call back on press / release on image?

4. I tried to create the layout using GUIBuilder with bmp as background image, but crashes i add more images,
but when i use png i'm able to create this but my application is not working on target with png, So i'm not sure what is the right format to use

My main concern is having lot of image it could slow down the system, So i want to use the optimum solution which would have faster response
0 Kudos