cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command Line build for lpc55s69 processor/dev board

manasvb
Contributor III

Hi

I want to use command line for building my project for lpc55s69. I refered the MCUXpresso_IDE_Command_Line_User_Guide.pdf but it wasnt that much clear to me.

My project structure is of the type that the `build.bat` file and `.project file` ( project name -> my_project) are in the same folder, and sdk zip is in `sdk` folder.

So I used this command line 

"%IDE%" -nosplash --launcher.suppressErrors -application com.nxp.mcuxpresso.headless.application -data workspace -Dsdk.location=sdk -build my_project
where 
IDE=C:\nxp\MCUXpressoIDE_11.7.1_9221\ide\mcuxpressoidec.exe

But this doesnt seem to work. I am pretty sure am wrong using the `-build` command.
Appreciate any help
Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

manasvb
Contributor III

Also the link you provided seems older than what is mentioned in the user guide(28 march 2023)
User guide uses  `-application com.nxp.mcuxpresso.headless.application` while link uses `-application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild`

Anyways, my main concern is how to provide sdk location using command line which is nowhere to be seen

0 Kudos

manasvb
Contributor III

Hi @ZhangJennie 

I have referred to that but its pretty confusing

Whenever I give -build my_project/Debug, it says this -> WARNING: No Project matched "my_project/Debug". Skipping...

And also in the link above there is no explicit mention of how to add sdk zip using command line

And also if I use something like this

"%IDE%" -nosplash -application org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild -data workspace -import .\\
I get the below error message
manasvb_0-1687236387148.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi manasvb 

Please refer attached commandline user guide. the examples are very specific.

If you still have issue, let me know which sample on this doc you have problem with. I will test it on my side.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

manasvb
Contributor III

Hi

Thanks for the user guide, if you refer to page 2 you will find that -application is mentioned as com.nxp.mcuxpresso.headless.application, on the other hand I am using this 

org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.headlessbuild

manasvb_0-1687325362036.png

I have got most of the stuff I need using -import and -build, but my main concern is how to specify the sdk location as a command line argument.

One way I can do is go to this location `\mcuxpresso\02\SDKPackages`  and add the sdk zip manually, but I wanna avoid that since am planning to do a build automation.

Instead I have the zip file in a folder in my project directory and wanna use that via command line to specify the sdk location

Please help on this one

Thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi manasvb 

Please check this article. 

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/08/03/building-eclipse-and-mcuxpresso-ide-projects-from-the-command-li...

Hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos