cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRC Calculation Limit

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wanderingnewfie on Tue Oct 20 14:24:20 MST 2015
I am writing a 2nd bootloader for my LPC812 that jumps to an application after downloading through the UART.  To confirm the download was successful, I want to compare the CRC at the end of the application with a CRC I calculate with Chip_CRC_CRC8() found in chip_8xx.c.  When I try to calculate the value of my application I get into the while loop and never exit.  The size of my application is 0x1BFC bytes (application is contained in 0x2400 to 0x4000 in flash and last 4 bytes is CRC).  Am I just running out of RAM during the loop so the processor locks up?  Is there a limit to the size of the bytes parameter in Chip_CRC_CRC8() for the LPC812 due to the amount of available RAM?

Thanks for the help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wanderingnewfie on Wed Oct 21 16:17:56 MST 2015
I think I solved my problem, it was an unhandled systick interrupt that would fire during the CRC calculations.  The default handler is just an infinite loop.
0 Kudos