shell_test app release sdk migration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shell_test app release sdk migration

tim
Contributor I

So I am back at trying to migrate the old beta sdk app, shell_test into the released sdk after a long hiatus.

There seems to be major changes with the clock code, which might well be the issue I am looking at today. While I have things building and pushed out to the FRDM-K64, right off the bat I hit a HardFault in the PORT_HAL_SetMuxMode at BW_PORT_PCRn_MUX.

Thinking it was a clock issue, because of all the differences from beta to release, I traced through the     CLOCK_SYS_EnableUartClock and I can see the UART0 clock get enabled as it does with the beta sdk.

I thought I would us my “phone a friend” first before I started tracing the old sdk trying to figure out what it is doing so I can make the release sdk do the same thing.  I am learing why the shell_test wasn’t in the release Demo folder now.

Thanks,

Tim

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

tim
Contributor I

I got past the above issue by adding OSA_Init() which wasn't in the old main and now shell_test runs, however, when I enter something on the console, it hangs.

So stepping through the code, I get to the ichar = sgetc(); and enter something then single step it hangs.  So I single step into the sgetc() and enter something it hangs.  Single stepping further into sgetc() and it hangs.  I expected to see it hang at a specific line.  There must be something major missing here to cause the debugger to hang.  When I stop things, I end up at ADC0_IRQHandler.  Makes me thing my interrupts aren't configured.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tim,

Which sdk release you are going to port the shell_test demo? Would you please help to clarify? Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tim
Contributor I

Hi Kan,

Sorry, I have been distracted by other projects.  I guess I will use the latest SDK available when I get back to it.

Tim

0 Kudos