could not find a valid Java virtual machine to load

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not find a valid Java virtual machine to load

bowerymarc
Contributor V

Attempting to install KSDK1.0.0 on my WinXP SP2 box, and I get the error "Could not find a valid Java virtual machine to load.". 

What's that all about, and why is the installer so fragile?  The KDS installer had no such problem, or the earlier KSDK beta... in fact I've never seen that message before...

14719_14719.pngUntitled 3.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

riyanmarge
Contributor I

Open the Control Panel
Go to System
Go to Advanced Systems Properties
Then Environment Variables
In System Variables, click Add
New Variable Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
New Variable Value: -Xmx512M
Click OK

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

Just finished installation on my Win XP SP3 32bit OS.

I'm able to install:

KDS V1.1.1

KSDK V1.0.0

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bowerymarc
Contributor V

Congrats for you, but I'm not upgrading to SP3 and risk breaking all the other stuff on that box for that one software.

What would be helpful is some information on what this error is all about and how to fix it.  Or to provide the library unwrapped from that unfortunately fragile installer package.

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

All info I found on the web regarding this error, suggest to re-install Java.

Did you tried it ?

Pascal

0 Kudos

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marc,

I don't think I see similar problem.

Did you solved it ?

I've a Windows XP SP3 machine.

So I could check it on my side too.

Have a great day,
Pascal Irrle

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos