Why isn't Kinetis SDK checkbox selectable?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't Kinetis SDK checkbox selectable?

Jump to solution
bsder
Contributor I

Just getting started on a new project.  I can power and connect to my board using J-Link Commander and recognize my K20.  Great.  I'll just create a blink LED and be on my way.

Hah.

So I download Kinetis Design Studio 1.1.1 and fire it up.

Um, it can't find the Kinetis SDK.  So, I downloaded 500 freakin' megabytes and something is still missing?  Really.

But anyway, so I download the Kinetis SDK.  And install it.

Make new project.  Still can't find the SDK.  Okayyyyy.  Read the release notes.  Oh, so I have to install the SDK and then tell Eclipse where it is.  Fine.

Install new software.  Install KSDK 1.0.0-GA.  Great it's installed.

Make new project.  It *STILL* can't find the SDK.

Anybody have suggestions?  Am I missing the Kinetis Design Studio for N00bs from somewhere?  Does that checkbox just not work?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

which processor/microcontroller did you select? The SDK option only is enabled if you select a processor which is supported by the Kinetis SDK. If you select another processor not supportec by the SDK yet (e.g. KL25Z), then you cannot select the SDK, as not supported.

Erich

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bsder
Contributor I

Further information: if I select one of the boards--the SDK option lights up.  If I select one of the processors, it does not.

0 Kudos
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

which processor/microcontroller did you select? The SDK option only is enabled if you select a processor which is supported by the Kinetis SDK. If you select another processor not supportec by the SDK yet (e.g. KL25Z), then you cannot select the SDK, as not supported.

Erich

0 Kudos
bsder
Contributor I

Thanks.  That's it.  I'm using an MK20D that isn't supported.

The note about updating the Kinetis SDK is always present even if the SDK is installed and selectable.  That threw me down the wrong path.

0 Kudos