When i installed the kinetis SDK through the help/install Software, the install process encountered an error message !!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i installed the kinetis SDK through the help/install Software, the install process encountered an error message !!

林偉川
Contributor I

When i installed the kinetis SDK through the help/install Software, the install process encountered an error message

"An error occurred while collecting items to be installed session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=). Unable to read repository at http://freescale.com/lgfiles/updates/Eclipse/KDS/binary/com.freescale.processorexpert.kinetis.featur.... Read timed out".

I have change many PCs in my school, the results come out the same. please tell me what's wrong with it? my PC is a Windows 7 OS machine with 8GB RAM. Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

I think that the following post created by our colleague Erich Styger might be helpful for you, it explains how to fix the error you mention:

Workaround for “Installing Software has encountered a problem” in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse

Let us know if it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

林偉川
Contributor I

DEAR SIR:

My update Eclipse still has problem as listed followed:

I have followed the instruction about remove the selection of contact all update sites …. But the problem was still existed. Is there anything that I can try?

Best Regards,

Wayne Lin <blocked::mailto:adam@takming.edu.tw> (林偉川)

SCJP, TCSE, Phoenix, EPC Global RFID

Department of Information Technology(資訊科技系)

TakMing University of Science and Technology(德明財經科技大學)

地址:台北市內湖區環山路一段56號

Addrdss: No.56 Sec.1, Huanshan Rd., Neihu District, Taipei City, Taiwan 11451, R.O.C

Office: Room 307-2

http://wayne.cif.takming.edu.tw<http://wayne.cif.takming.edu.tw/>;

TEL & Fax: +886-2-2658-5801 Ext.5240

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Wayne,

Please follow the steps described in this video that explains how to install KDS, KSDK and the KSDK eclipse update, it was done using KSDK 1.2 but the same steps apply for KSDK 1.3:

Video Link : 3281

Let us know if it helps!

Best Regards,

Carlos Mendoza

Technical Support Engineer

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

sudhanshumehta
Contributor IV

same problem . .your instructions are not working here..

sorry!!!

Thanks

Sudhanshu

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sudhanshu,

Have your problem solved ?

If yest , could you please share the method to us , thank !

If not ,  have you install it in the default path and without Chinese words.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

sudhanshumehta
Contributor IV

i resolved it by following. sorry for very late reply. may be helpful for others

solution.jpg

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lin,

What about you SDK version , i recommend you install the latest one KSDK1.3 .

you can download here : Software Development Kit for Kinetis MCUs|Freescale

And what about your IDE KDS version ?  also recommend you use the latest version KDS3.0.

you can download here :Kinetis Design Studio Integrated Development |Freescale 

pastedImage_3.png

For in the release note of KSDK1.3, we can see it support the KDS3.0 .

pastedImage_0.png

If still can not install well , please screenshot your steps .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,

Alice

0 Kudos

林偉川
Contributor I

All of your suggested version is what I installed. KDS is 3.0 and KSDK is 1.3.0. But the result is wrong as attached file. Is there any suggestion for me to try?

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello ,

- I recommend you install the KDS at the default path ;

- If still can not work , please firstly install sdk 1.2 , then install sdk 1.3

pastedImage_0.png

- If it still not work , please screenshot the installation procedure step by step !!

only through the error can not fund the problem .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos