USB Stack Error / fsl_misc_utilities.? Does misc uts require special Compiler Flags?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Stack Error / fsl_misc_utilities.? Does misc uts require special Compiler Flags?

bosleymusic_com
Contributor IV

- So I built dev audio generator for k22F - put it on my custom built PCB / Device. It works.

- I copy the exact same files and structure into a new project - including fsl_misc_utilities.c, which causes build errors (Why is a mystery to me, since I have followed the USB application directions - in fact I'm almost exactly copying a project?)

47446_47446.pngpastedImage_2.png

- Leaving out fsl_misc_utilities.c allows it to compile and run, but crashes into default IRQ handler after post_init. The initialization process of the hardware is identical to the working function above that runs.

- What is missing? The only difference I can find are the compiler flags?

DEV AUDIO GENERATOR FLAGS :

-Xlinker -z  -Xlinker muldefs   -Xlinker --defsym=__ram_vector_table__=1  --specs=nano.specs          -Wall  -fno-common  -ffunction-sections  -fdata-sections  -ffreestanding  -fno-builtin  -Os  -mapcs  -Xlinker -static  -Xlinker --defsym=__stack_size__=0x1000  -Xlinker --defsym=__heap_size__=0x0400

My Projects Flags :

-specs=nosys.specs -specs=nano.specs

Any suggestions? Any links to where can I find more information on compiler flags?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Donald:

You should replicate the compiler and linker flags to your new project so it behaves the same as the audio generator example. Some GNU GCC toolchain documentation (compiler/linker, etc) can be found with your KDS installation, in this path:

C:\Freescale\KDS_3.0.0\toolchain\share\doc\gcc-arm-none-eabi\pdf

And you can also find GCC ARM documentation by searching online. It's a very complex toolchain and so is the documentation, then do not expect to understand everything at first.

Now, in your particular case, I think the problem is that inline assembly instructions (asm) are not recognized, so try changing the compiler language to GNU ISO C99, like below picture:

pastedImage_1.png

Then the build errors should be solved.

Let me know if you have further issues.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

bosleymusic_com
Contributor IV

So, problem #1 solved with fsl_misc_utilities. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I still get a malfunctioning device...

One of the issues is that I'd love to replicate the exact settings in the dev audio generator - however when I build a new KDS project I get a C and a C++ compiler with all of the options, whereas the example project is purely written in C/ASM. If I build a C project from scratch, would that potentially fix anything?

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Donald:

As instructed by colleague Erich Styger in this post: Compiling C Files with GNU ARM G++ | MCU on Eclipse  I used the next code to detect the compiler used in a new Project with KDS v3.0.0:

#ifdef __cplusplus

#warning main.c compiled as C++

#else

#warning main.c compiled as C

#endif

For main.c the code above threw "warning main.c compiled as C". Then it seems to me that even though you have C++ compiler options, the .c files are compiled by default in C mode, so there should be no difference between your project and the example. This post has also very good information regarding KDS and C++: C++ with Kinetis Design Studio | MCU on Eclipse

About the "malfunctioning device", what do you mean? Does it crash? Are you able to debug and see the point where it crashes?

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

bosleymusic_com
Contributor IV

During post_init it dumps to defaultIRQ, and Windows says it couldn't recognize the device.

0 Kudos