cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TWR-K64 USB Demo Problem

aroplane
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a TWR-K64 board and going to do usb test. I am trying to use the demo project "usb_examples-usb_device_cdc_vcom", but I don't know how to set the jumpers. There is a readme.pdf in usb_examples-usb_device_cdc_vcom->bm. I read it and got confused. Please look at the captured picture below. It says, J29 3-4, Remove all jumpers from J19. I did so, but there is no power supply any more on the board. I am wondering, how the internal regulator will output without an input? 

Also, 2. Connect the target board to the external power source (the example is self-powered).  Dose it mean the TWR-K64 needs an external power supply, say from tower boards? If so, could you please tell me how to set the jumpers to make this usb self-powered to get an external power source? Thank you very much!

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Lei Peng 

Please refer to my settings,

pastedImage_6.png

J29:  3-4

J19:  1-2

pastedImage_5.png

Have a great day,
Daniel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

aroplane
Contributor III

Hi Daniel,

I made it running as per your setting. The document misled me. It should be updated.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Lei Peng

Best regards,
Lei Peng
0 Kudos