cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK for Kinetis K61F

fabriziogugliel
Contributor II

Hi all,

we are starting a project that makes use of a Kinetis K61F processor, and we have seen that there is no support for it in the KSDK 2.0. There is instead the processor expert support for K61F, but we would like to have all the drivers and freeRTOS. So the question is: from which KSDK 2.0 supported device should we start to adapt the code for the K61F?

Thanks and best regards,

Fabrizio

Labels (1)
4 Replies

fabriziogugliel
Contributor II

Hi David,

thanks for your answer. Only problem is that we have already made the boards with the K61F processor, before to find out that it was not supported from KSDK. That's why i am looking for a similar processor supported from KDSD from which to start and then adapt its code for the K61F. Do you think i could start from the K66 sdk?

Best regards,

Fabrizio

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fabrizio,

The K61 (and other 120MHz MCU's including MK70) devices simply didn't make the cut to be included in the newer enablement solution (aka KSDK).

The KDS+PE support is there but in my opinion this is only good for the generic peripherals.

You might look at MQX4.2 that does support KDS and K61 to have a more complete enablement solution.  It supports the MK60/MK70-120MHz devices so should work for K61 too.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos

fabriziogugliel
Contributor II

David,

ok, i will have a look at MQX.

Many thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Fabrizio

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fabrizio,

I would recommend looking at the K66 since it is newer, has KSDK_v2 support, and has Freedom board available.

Regards,

David