Playing audio on FRDM-K66

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing audio on FRDM-K66

ReySinTrono
Contributor I

Any example about transmit wav audio over DA7212 with eDMA and FreeRTOS in FRDM-K66?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ReySinTrono
Contributor I

Thanks.

Now, I test project "sai_edma_transfer_frdmk66f". This is ok, but when looping the function SAI_TransferSendEDMA, sound tone and a "pop" every time I call that function. For what is this?

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juande,

This example was not designed to play a sound continuously and instead of it, only one transfer is being trigger. The "pop" that you heard is caused due lack of sample until the next samples are sent.

You can avoid this scenario by adding logic to current example (ping-pong buffer, RTOS environment to manage audio task).

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Juan,

This example is still not available (I would expect to be included in future KSDK's releases) but you can meanwhile refer to SAI example available for TWR-K65F180M:

At <KSDK_2_0_TWR-K65F180M_PATH>\boards\twrk65f180m\demo_apps\sai you will find an example on how to send data to SAI module through DMA (it uses the TWR-AUDIO board which contains a SGTL5000 codec). It takes some internal data and send it to SAI module through DMA. It is not exactly a WAV audio but it can be useful for the main process of sending data to codec.

For DA7212's part, you can ask Dialog for any initialization code and based on it, you can configure SAI module as master/slave.

You can also check this post that can be helpful: https://community.nxp.com/message/807693?commentID=807693#comment-807693 

I hope this can help!

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos