cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pins Tool

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I installed Pins tool on my Windows 7 and trying to do pin configuration. I have the following problem:

After I installed the tool, I open TWR-KV58F220M configuration and works fine. Then, if I want to open TWR-K65F180M, it tells me that there is no processor selected. Then if select "MK65FN2M0VML18", give me error "Cannot download the processor database", can someone tell where the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Christie,

I just have a try, I can download the FRDM-K64F, I paste the screenshot. The preference menu setting is the same as yours.

BR

XiangJun Rong

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

with 'open' do you mean the menu File > Open?

Then you already have a configuration (.mex file) for it (can you share it)?

Or are you using File > New... for the MK65Fn2M0VLM18?

I just did that, and it does download the data for me.

I hope this helps,

Erich

PS: https://mcuoneclipse.com/2016/07/29/nxp-pins-tool-understanding-data-for-offline-usage/

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

I verified the case one on my side (loading a .mex for a device where I do not have the data already downloaded on my machine).

It properly connects automatically to the server and downloades the data for me.

Could it be that you are not connected to the network? Or can you share any more details or screenshots of the problem?

Thanks,

Erich

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

Now I can download TWR-K65F180M and TWR-KV58F220M board, see screen1. But, when I tried to download the FRMD-K64F, it gives me the same error as before. See second and third screen.

My PC is behind Firewall. But it is fully opened on port 80.

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

I think your proxy might cut off the connection. You might change the proxy settings under Edit > Perferences:

pastedImage_1.png

Native is the default, and uses the system default proxy settings. Not sure if this is causing the issue on your side.

Erich

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

I tried both options and no help. Our IT guy says that it is likely related on server side.

Can I change something in *.ini file to make it work?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Christie,

does not work at all, or sometimes? I do not see issue entry in the log on the web site. Can you measure ping to the kex.nxp.com (if that works through your proxy) and also the download speed from our website? I've created 10MB file so you can measure it using your browser: http://kex.nxp.com/staticdata/test.bin 

Also please post here the c:\Users\<yourname>\NXP\swtools.log where might be some information whether there was a problem with timeout or whatever.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Christie,

there is no other settings. It is using the host OS/browser proxy settings. What is strange that it seems to work for you some time, but other times not. I have tried it myself from Proxy and non-proxy networks, and have not found any issues. Do you have any specific firewalls installed? Maybe you could disable it to give it a try?

If that really does not work: get the files while not behind the proxy instead?

Erich

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Erich,

Yes. You are right. It works sometime, but not all time.

I tried the different settings on firewall and no help.

Is there anyway to download the device profile without using the tool, so I can use it locally?

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This functionality will be in the next version of the tool. If you send me an email to libor.ukropec (at) nxp.com with list of boards/processors you need I can prepare a ZIP archive for you that you will just unzip into the proper directory.

Regards,

Libor

P.S. Please look also to my previous post for the ping/download speed and log answer/question.

0 Kudos