Installing the SDK in Windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the SDK in Windows 10

stevengarfinkel
Contributor III

I have download Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 Mainline - Windows.exe and installed it.  It completes and says it was installed but I cannot find a desktop icon, a listing in the applications, or even find I program that I can identify as an executable.  I am at a loss on how to proceed.  Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steven,

after installation you will see folder KSDK 1.3.0 in your path. By default C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0

win10.png

win10_2.png

In the folder you will find the examples, which you can execute in any IDE.

Please, can you confirm it?

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos

stevengarfinkel
Contributor III

Thanks for your answer Iva.  My problem was confusion with the Kinetis software tool names.  To a total beginner Kinetis Design Studio (KDS) or Kinetis Software Design Studio (KSDS) is not identifiably different from Kinetis Software Design Kit (KSDK) or Software Design Kit (SDK).  When you do a google search on either you get responses that are a mix of both.

I would recommend a more descriptive name for the software design kit, something significantly different from the design studio name.  Perhaps Processor Characterization Module.

Regards, Steve

0 Kudos

ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Steve,

I fully understand, that the names are so similar and is very confusing for beginner to orient in these shortcuts.

For short clarification:

KDS (Kinetis Design Studio) is Integrated Development Environment for Kinetis MCUs. For question about KDS, please contact us here Kinetis Design Studio

KSDK (Kinetis Software Development Kit) is a package of hardware abstraction layer and drivers for each peripheral, USB and connectivity stacks, middleware, real-time operating systems and example applications designed to simplify and accelerate application development on Kinetis MCUs.

contact us here Kinetis Software Development Kit

KSDK contents a lot of examples, which you can modify in KDS (also in IAR, MDK, makefiles support with GCC (ARM GCC), Atollic).

Anyway... thank you for your feedback, I will pass it to Marketing Team.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Iva

0 Kudos