cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use scanf using KSDK v2

Jump to solution
shauldorf
Contributor V

How I can use scanf in baremetal project, using "Drivers minimal set"  printf is working at 11520 boud.

I'm using KDS v3.2, KSDK v2.0 and FRDM-K64f

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you please refer rtc demo code which includes SCANF usage.

...\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\driver_examples\rtc

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shaul,

Regarding to your statement:

>>What I understand now is, creating new project I have to use "Drivers minimal set" because only there <stdio.> "printf" is supported no getc() and putc().

I don't quite understand. Can you please be more specific?

>>For strings and char I have to include "fsl_debug_console.h" and use debug console functions instead <sdtio.h>

according to my test, Yes, I think so.

Jennie

0 Kudos
shauldorf
Contributor V

Hello Jennie

Using KSDK v2 to be able to use debug_console you have to create project using "project wizard" that at least will include "Drivers Minimal set" configuration (no Empty).

pastedImage_1.png

In this case "printf()" (which is supported by <stdio.h>) statement is working without using

#include "fsl_debug_console.h". 

But only printf(), other stdio statemens like  scanf(), getc() and putc() doesn’t work.

To get similar function I have to #include "fsl_debug_console.h" and use  SCANF(), PUTCHAR() and GETCHAR() equivalent functions.

This is what I wanted to confirm.

Thanks

Shaul

0 Kudos
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Shaul,

yes, I think so. This is the same testing result as my side.

Normally if I choose SDK, I use SDK defined io functions rather than stdio

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you please refer rtc demo code which includes SCANF usage.

...\SDK_2.0_FRDM-K64F\boards\frdmk64f\driver_examples\rtc

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos
shauldorf
Contributor V

Jennie Thanks,

My initial mean was not to use "fsl_debug_console".

Can you please confirm my assumption?

What I understand now is, creating new project I have to use "Drivers minimal set" because only there <stdio.> "printf" is supported no getc() and putc().

For strings and char I have to include "fsl_debug_console.h" and use debug console functions instead <sdtio.h>

Shaul

0 Kudos