cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDMK64F PE project with fsl_rtc peripheral driver

Jump to solution
therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

The project is created with an entry in events.c for the RTC_seconds_IRQHandler, but it does not get triggered.

The "Enable seconds interrupt" checkbox is ticked.

Can you help with what needs to be changed in the component inspector to make this work?

From my events.c

/*

** ===================================================================

**     Interrupt handler : RTC_Seconds_IRQHandler

**     Description :

**         User interrupt service routine.

**     Parameters  : None

**     Returns     : Nothing

** ===================================================================

*/

void RTC_Seconds_IRQHandler(void)

/* Write your code here ... */

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi therealfreegeek,

I am testing with FRDM-K64F Rev C and D1 board and both of the KDS_3.0+KSDK_1.3 RTC examples are working for me meaning I can set a breakpoint in ISR and hit it.

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\rtc_func\kds    set breakpoint in RTC_Seconds_IRQHandler, run application, enter "3" in terminal

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\rtc\kds   set breakpoint in RTC_IRQHandler, run application, enter "3" then "Enter"

Are you using a terminal to control and select correct portion of application to run?

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

I also just had a look at the rtc_function_FRDMK64F demo example supplied in KSDK and found that the isr for the "RTC_Seconds_IRQHandler" is also never triggered?

Please advise.

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi therealfreegeek,

I am testing with FRDM-K64F Rev C and D1 board and both of the KDS_3.0+KSDK_1.3 RTC examples are working for me meaning I can set a breakpoint in ISR and hit it.

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\demo_apps\rtc_func\kds    set breakpoint in RTC_Seconds_IRQHandler, run application, enter "3" in terminal

C:\Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\examples\frdmk64f\driver_examples\rtc\kds   set breakpoint in RTC_IRQHandler, run application, enter "3" then "Enter"

Are you using a terminal to control and select correct portion of application to run?

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
therealfreegeek
Contributor IV

Hi Dave, thanks for the tip, it turned out that option 4 on the demo version I have caused the interrupt to trigger. Inspecting the demo code indicated that I had missed a "method" needed to enable the interrupt, I had assumed that it was enabled during initialisation, my bad!

All is well after adding "RTC_DRV_SetSecsIntCmd(rtcTimer1_IDX, true);" to my code.

Just taking a bit of time to get used to the (all new to me) KDSK drivers after 8 years off from coding.

0 Kudos