cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA preemption problem K24

andersesbensen
Contributor I

Hi

In relation to my setup described in this post SAI DMA double buffer problem,  i wan't to use the UART as debug channel during run time.  In order to load the system as little as possible during UART transfers, I have setup the system to use the UART via the DMA  via fsl_uart:_edma_driver.c

The setup is as following:

DMA UART RX ch 0 (currently not used)

DMA UART TX ch 1

DMA I2S  RX Ch 2   ( Configured in loop/ double buffer  mode )

DMA I2S  TX Ch 3   ( Configured in loop/ double buffer  mode )

DMA abitration = Fixed priority

Priorities are left with init value (0,1,2,3).

Preemption values for the different channel has been setup.

EDMA_HAL_SetChannelPreemptMode(DMA_BASE_PTR, 0, 1, 1); // cannot suspend any channel DPA=1 ,  Can be suspended ECP=1

EDMA_HAL_SetChannelPreemptMode(DMA_BASE_PTR, 1, 1, 1); // cannot suspend any channel DPA=1 ,  Can be suspended ECP=1

EDMA_HAL_SetChannelPreemptMode(DMA_BASE_PTR, 2, 0 ,0); // can suspend low prio channel DPA=0 ,  Cannot  be suspended ECP=0

EDMA_HAL_SetChannelPreemptMode(DMA_BASE_PTR, 3, 0, 0); // can suspend low prio channel DPA=0 ,  Cannot  be suspended ECP=0

The UART transfer is working, however it looks like the I2S DMA are not allowed to suspend the UART RX DMA until all bytes are written to the UART ( Major loop end)

The attached dump from my scope illustrates the scenario

D15 and D14 shows the is the DMA isr for the I2S RX and TX DMA. and analog ch1 is the actual UART output.

Normally I2S DMA's will issue interrupt each 5 ms.

As can be seen the I2S DMA's seems to be blocked during UART tranmission.

Any suggestion on why this happens ?

Instrument screen

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Anders,

Could you please provide your project in order to test in on our side?

Best Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos