Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with KMS

Jump to solution
joãopaulo
Contributor III

Hello,

I've  bought KV31F512 but it isn`t working with KMS.

Is there a any KV31F that is sold without the KMS feature?

Thanks,

Regards,

João Paulo

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry you are having this problem. I'm glad you have the skills to do the chip replacement.

We cannot support the reprogramming of boards unless there was a manufacturing defect (such as you received a FRDM board with the MBED OpenSDA firware).

The best thing to do is to again order the KV31, but get the one with P suffice, and do the replacement. 

Regards,

Philip Drake

Senior systems applications engineer

NXP

View solution in original post

4 Replies
joãopaulo
Contributor III

Ok, I'll order KV31 again, but now with P suffix.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

João Paulo

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I can answer you question with a quick look in the KV31 Reference Manual.(Tables 2-12 and 2-13). At the current time the only MKVxx devices that support KMS are the ones with a P suffix. That means if you don't have a part with the P suffix it will not work with KMS. 

KV31KMS_Part_Number.png

So if you have a non-KMS enabled KV31 it will not work with KMS.

If you have purchased a FRDM-KV31 paired with a FRDM-MC-LVPMSM or TWR-KV31 paired with a TWR-MC-LV3PH and find that they are not working with KMS then please let me know so we can help get a replacement.

Regards,

Philip

joãopaulo
Contributor III

Hello Philip,

I've bought FRDM-KV31 but it's not working with KMS because I did an mass erase..

Then I bought some KV31F512 and soldered it at  FRDM-KV31 but did not worked either.

So I realised that there wasn't the P suffix.

What should I do now?

Is there any representant of NXP in Brazil that can reflash these uC?

Thanks,

Regards,

João Paulo

0 Kudos
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm sorry you are having this problem. I'm glad you have the skills to do the chip replacement.

We cannot support the reprogramming of boards unless there was a manufacturing defect (such as you received a FRDM board with the MBED OpenSDA firware).

The best thing to do is to again order the KV31, but get the one with P suffice, and do the replacement. 

Regards,

Philip Drake

Senior systems applications engineer

NXP