Getting errors using FRDM-MC-LVBLDC shield

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors using FRDM-MC-LVBLDC shield

belenieamoranto
Contributor I

I recently bought an NXP development kit for BLDC motor control. The kit includes the following NXP parts

1. FRDM-KV31F MCU development board
  2. FRDM-MC-LVBLDC motor interface shield
  3. FRDM-MC-LVMTR motor

My objective is to test and evaluate  NXP’s BLDC motor controller solution with the end goal of integrating it into a custom product for my Terra customer if it proves successful.

To help me become familiar with the NXP BLDC solution, I am using  NXP “Kinetis Motor Suite v1.2.0  Lab Guide” (document # KMSLG) and followed the directions for setting up the software environment and hardware configuration.

I tried running Lab #1 in the user guide and the motor will simply not run as fault conditions exist. The  error messages I got from the KMS GUI included incorrect  DC bus levels and the CPU resetting – see attached files.

Being knew to NXP’s motor control products,  It is hard for me to tell whether I have defective hardware or I have incorrectly set up the software/hardware. I really need to talk to someone familiar with this product so we can determine what the issue is.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You have a couple of options: good news and bad news.

The bad news is that the FRDM-MC-LVBLDC board is not the right power board for KMS.  KMS supports motor control with FRDM-MC-LVPMSM power board.  

The good news is that there is an available software release that you can use to evaluate sensorless BLDC with the board set you have.

The software is available on the MCUXpresso SDK site. Download the FRDM-KV31F board SDK. and import the mc_bldc demo application.  

Options:

1) order FRDM-MC-LMPMSM for use KMS

2) download and evaluation FRDM-MC-LVBLDC with mc_bldc demo application.

Best Regards,

Philip

0 Kudos