twr-k40x256 does not connect with PE OSDBM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

twr-k40x256 does not connect with PE OSDBM

jlu
Contributor II

I tested this board under window xp before I made firmware upgrade for the board. I could use the PE terminal program to read data from it.

now I have done firmware upgrade as suggested by the quick start demo. I have also updated the device driver on the computer. Now I can see the device through P&E firmware information utility as below:

twr-dev.png

but when I try to connect to the system through any other P&E tool such as the TerminalWindow for this kit.

twr-failed.png

I also cannot see the port from cw10.

why? how can I make it work?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi jill lu,

I think maybe you chose the wrong COM port, after you update the firmware, unplug and plug the board to the computer again.

Then check your board's com port in the computer: Device manager->Ports, the following picture is from my computer with TWR-K40X256 after updating the firmware.

2.jpg

Then you may know that the COM port is COM5, and choose the correct Port in your terminal interface.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jlu
Contributor II

thank you for replying.

Well, I have tried all ports I can select from the dropbox, but the com port shown in the device driver is not seen in PE terminal window.

This is my port configuration:

port-config.png

so the cdc port is COM10. however this shows all ports I can see from PnE terminal:

PnEports.png

I read some where that PnE OSBDM has a major change from OSBDM firmware 30.xx to 31.xx. My twr tower has version 31.xx flashed. I'm thinking if I can return it to 30.xx, I may be able to solve the problem. the thing is, I can't find 30.xx.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jill lu,

You don't need to return 30.xx version, I know how to solve this problem from your picture now!

Your picture shows the com of your twr-k40x256 is COM10, but your P&E terminal window just support COM1-COM8, COM10 is larger than COM8, so the terminal window can't find it, COM10 is out of range.

Now please modify your your twr-k40x256 com number by this way:

1.  double click OSBDM/OSJTAG-CDC serial Port...(COM10) in your picture, you will get the property of this COM port interface.

2. Select"Port Settings",

3, Select"Advanced.."

4, modify the COM Port number to below COM8, and click all the OK button.

5, power off and power on again, you will find your board's port is the COM number which you defined.

6.jpg

After you modify it successfully, please select the according COM port in your P&E terminal window.

Wish it helps you!

If you still have question, please contact with me!

Have a great day,

Jingjing

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos