no RX buffer left by ENET_DRV_ReceiveData(...)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no RX buffer left by ENET_DRV_ReceiveData(...)

tselmeci
Contributor IV

Hello!

I'm using K64F with KSDK-1.3.0 and the supplied FreeRTOS. This is a custom PCB and has an ethernet/PHY interface. The ethernet is also working, the TCP/IP stack being used is the FreeRTOS's own +TCP stack. I'm quite satisfied with it.

If board is placed in a noisy industrial environment, I sometimes (e.g. in each 15-60 minutes) get kStatus_ENET_NoRxBufferLeft when calling ENET_DRV_ReceiveData(...). From this point on the driver goes down and no more ethernet frames appear to be received. I haven't found the exact way to handle this error properly.

I don't know the exact reason to this, perhaps the mentioned noisy industrial environment (several big drilling etc. machines are surrounding). I have never ever seen this issue in any other place, e.g. in the office.

Have you got any idea what shall I do? How can I recover from this error code successfully? Is it worth spending many hours switching to latest KSDK-2.2?

Thanks, regards,

Tamas Selmeci

0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tamas Selmeci:

I would suggest you try to test with isolated power, separated from the industrial environment. to check whether the power supply impact the performance or not. Or shield your device with metal box to check  whether the EMC impact it.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

tselmeci
Contributor IV

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

By the way, the issue didn't seem to occur in the weekend. This means to me it's in relation with a machine that is operated from Monday to Friday. Even if it's so, I must somehow create a workaround in the firmware to avoid crashes...

0 Kudos

tselmeci
Contributor IV

The board was fed with separate power (24V battery), but the issue still occured. I'm still investigating...

0 Kudos