need schematic symbol for MK22FN512VLL12

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need schematic symbol for MK22FN512VLL12

jamespottebaum
Contributor I

these micro's have very complicated schematic symbols and creation takes lots of time and is error prone.

please provide schematic symbol for MK22FN512VLL12

in orcad format will be just fine as I can import it into Altium easy

thanks - - - - would be nice if you would provide a location where it is possible to down load the schematic symbols - - or provide to Altium for

a Freescale library.

Jim P

J. R. Electronics

425-493-0988

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

egoodii
Senior Contributor III

Some of the Freescale 'reference designs' (like Tower-boards) are available in Orcad format.  The CPU symbols are 'one piece', which is a pain -- I have 'multi piece' symbols in Orcad, but only for K20-80pin and K60-BGA.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

jamespottebaum
Contributor I

have you ever tried to do a schematic with the bogus Ultra Librarian symbol  - - - totally lack of information

and then come back to the schematic later and wonder what function is on the pin the schematic.

or provided the schematic to others - - -

or during board layout - - wonder if you can swap a couple of pins for ease of board layout and not know the alt functions on each pin

all of this is impossible with the bogus Ultra Librarian symbol     

now Ultra Librarian would be good for the single function per pin devices such as the accelerators and parts like that - - - simple 1 function per pin.

and those are no problem to create and have accurate but 100 pin micro processors with 4 to 8 alt functions - - - is not a joy and has high risk of errors.

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi James,

Please check attached MK22FN512VLL12 symbol file.

I had tried to use Ultra Librarian software to generate schematics symbol.

For I don't have Cadence Alegro software license, I could not have checked generated dra file.

While, it is quite a good tool to generate required chip schematics symbol.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jamespottebaum
Contributor I

have you ever looked at an Ultra library generated symbol for a micro - - - worthless

for standard chips with 1 function per pin they are good - - - -

but all of the alt functions are totally and completely missing - - - that is what I need.

to create what Ultra Library provides is easy - - but when you have up to 8 functions per min

the time involved grows huge and then the error checking time goes out of sight - - - -

for Freescale micro's Ultra library is simply a fucking waste of time - - - - and provides a worthless symbol

maybe the chip package layout pattern will be right - - I can create those so easy in Altium that it is why bother with Ultra Library.

now for other chips - - MSI, memory chips etc with only 1 function per pin - - Ultra library most likely will work.

I have tried this more than a couple of times - - - - - worthless and a waste of my time

0 Kudos

jamespottebaum
Contributor I

Ultra Librarian sucks to put it mildly

it does not show the alt functions on the pins outs - - - - so totally

worthless - - I mean totally worthless for micro processors with many

functions per pin.

now how do I get the schematic symbol like I have received in the past -

- - in orcad format that I can import into Altium

why is this such a GOD DAMMED Pain each time to get the symbol that is

in your system. So that I can get my job done

Jim P