cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mmCAU for Keil µVision

Fabi
Contributor III

Hello Freescale,

I was wondering if there is a version of mmCAU software library which supports the assembler of Keil µVision.

My setup is:

µVision Version 4.70a with assembler 5.03 update 1 (build 24)

MK60DN512 based hardware

mmCAU software library version 1.3 (not working with assembler)

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Fabi
Contributor III

Hello NXP,

Does anybody have a µVision compatible library for mmCAU? I have found only requests [1], [2]. but no solution yet. Anyway, NXP promotes mmCAU also for Kinetis [3].

[1] https://developer.mbed.org/forum/platform-38-FRDM-K64F-community/topic/17185/?page=1#comment-45561

[2] Kinetis K60 MMCAU (Crypto Module) 

[3] Crypto Acceleration Unit: CAU and mmCAU software library|NXP 

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Unfortunately, mmCAU library V1.3 supports CodeWarrior and IAR IDE software so far.

Customer need to rebuild the mmCAU library with Keil.

I will check with Kinetis product team when the udpated mmCAU library could support the Keil software.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day,
best regards,

Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jon-ecm
Contributor I

Any update on this?  Tried rebuilding with keil but the asembler is soooo different it would basically require a complete rewrite... any advise? Has someone already done this that would be willing to share there work for some good karma?

Thanks so much,

Jon

0 Kudos

williamely
Contributor IV

My advise is to find an older version of the library that uses C files and compile it that way.

I believe the only major updates to the library since the version that only has assembly code have been for Cortex M0+ cores.

Unless you need to alter the library I think you could use the pre-built lib_mmcau.a file.

0 Kudos

Fabi
Contributor III

Does anybody know, where to find the (older) library version written in C ?

0 Kudos

williamely
Contributor IV

I don't have a link to it anymore but what you could do is use KDS to compile the library if for whatever reason you want to make changes to it.

I definitely recommend making wrapper functions that lock and unlock mutex or semaphore if you have more than one task using the MMCAU.

0 Kudos